Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Vegas Trip (Day 2): Uncle Sam's Australian Vacation

So day 2 turned out to be less eventful in the morning (translation: no one was cavity-searched) and we had the opportunity to relax and have some "vacation time." Colleen and I went to Café Bellagio for breakfast, which to date had been a staple for every trip to Vegas. But, this time I noticed some changes. The miracle mile as a whole had undergone some basic changes, I thought. Despite the ever-changing landscape and the constant renovations, the Vegas strip looked a wee bit, well, worse for the wear. I don't ever recall thinking Vegas looked a little neglected, but for whatever host of reasons, it did.

Around 11, Colleen decided it was late enough for a libation, so we relaxed outside at the Mirage in the Rhumbar. Needless to say we spent the afternoon sampling their specialties!

That evening we ate at Olives in hopes to catch the water canon show from the patio at the Bellagio. After freezing our assets off through a comparatively good meal, we found out they canceled the show due to wind. We quickly exited...

Then Rob, Paul and I had tickets for Zumanity, so we headed over to New York, New York to relax a bit before the late show.

I went to the rest room, only to return from my winkie tinkie to blaring bells and flashing strobes. Paul had won the 1¢ slot jackpot —$5000.

The hotel pit boss took enough time to get the dough back to Paul, only to find out that foreigners had to give up tax on the winnings immediately. So, Paul only got a little over 3k ( get that, ONLY). Those two are the luckiest guys I think I've ever met.



No comments:

Post a Comment